Hopper Timer

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Bioheat1969, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Bioheat1969

Bioheat1969 Member

An essential part of many redstone builds is a timer, one of the most flexible timers is the hopper timer. The items you will need to build it are:
    2-Hoppers
    2-Comparitors
    2-sticky pistons
    1-redstone block
    2-redstone dust
    2-blocks of your choice(not glass)(I used stone)

1) place your first block and face a comparitor facing into the block, then your 2 hoppers facing into each other then the 2nd comparitor facing away from them, and your 2nd block like this:

2018-03-14_22.59.47.png

These items all are in a line so like this: OXHHXO
    2) Move one row forward from this assembly, now in front of each comparitor, you will place the 2 sticky pistons, these will be facing each other with 2 spaces between them like this:

2018-03-14_23.00.29.png

3) Now place your redstone block against one of the pistons, and your redstone dust behind each of the pistons:

2018-03-14_23.02.30.png

This essentially completes the hopper timer, to make it work, you just have to place some items inside one of the hoppers. In this configuration, it will be a continuous timer, and will keep working all of the time, I use this version to run my automatic cow cooking farm. By placing a trail of redstone dust on the floor up to one of the two position for the redstone block, this timer will power another piston in a timed format, and can make dispensers turn on and off or piston lock open and close to make water go.

By running a trail of redstone dust up to the back of one of the two pistons (where we originally put it) from a button, you can make a timer for an XP farm as a crusher for one hit kill (tutorial to follow), or a timer for a piston door, all in all it's probably the easiest and most versatile of the timers that exists in Minecraft right now, I know there are other types of timers, and I admit they have their places, just saying I use this one the most.

DinoMonkey1001 likes this.