Ranking Up! // Building Farms and Getting Money

Discussion in 'Guides' started by DinoMonkey1001, Feb 18, 2018.

1. DinoMonkey1001

DinoMonkey1001 Active Member

Hello!
    This tutorial will teach you how to obtain money to rank up to different ranks in Peaceful Farms. I will also include links to my other tutorial threads, when it is necessary, e.g. automated farms.

SECTION 1: DEFAULT - BOTANIST
    Section 1.1 - Recommended Crops
    - Sugarcane
    - Cocoa
    - Carrots
    - Potatoes
    - Wheat
    - Beetroot

Section 1.2 - Recommended Activities
    At the earlier stages, it's recommended that you stick to manual farming, and attend to your crops most of the time. Since you start off with little gear, it's best to hold off from auto-farms until you have the resources. When you first start off, then you should try and find a village to begin at - they have good quantities of wheat, carrot, potato and beetroot farms. You could use jungles, due to it being easy to raid cocoa beans and melons, but the trees of foliage can cause difficulty when building initial farms. It can be a good idea to start with a plains biome, building your first farm (sugarcane is recommended) and then creating a mine while it grows. It's good to start collecting iron early on, but this can be done later if need be. Once you've ranked up a couple times, it'll be a good idea to carry on extending your farms, and possibly making more varieties. Cocoa and sugarcane are the best farms, but it can also be a good idea to make carrots. Keep grinding crops and extending farms until you reach Botanist.
    Section 1.3 - Related tutorials
    There are no related tutorials so far.
    SECTION 2:
    GROWMASTER - GROWTITAN
    Section 2.1 - Recommended Crops
    - Sugarcane
    - Cactus
    - Netherwart
    - Carrots
    - Cocoa
    - Melon

Section 2.2 - Recommended Activities
    This is where it can start to get tough. I'd definitely recommend extending your sugarcane farm into a more compact layout, as well as extending it. Either plant it in squares, or in lines. Squares are way more compact, while lines can be harvested with ease and can easily be converted into an automatic farm. This is also the point where you should create automatic cactus farms, and also large netherwart farms, due to the latter being affected by fortune and also requiring no water. Carrots and cocoa are still good, especially when compacted - carrots can be done with simply a 9x9 square with water in the centre, while cocoa can be done the same way as sugarcane. Keep grinding cactus and sugarcane until you rank up a bit. Once getting closer to GrowTitan, you should try and create a large, automatic sugarcane farm, due to it growing quickly, making good quantities of items to sell. Also, remember to keep active online to grow your crops more, and regularly sell your cactus and sugarcane to stop the chests from clogging up. It's also a good idea to create melon farms, due to easy harvesting, high sell rates and multiple drops.
    Section 2.3 - Related tutorials

Build an Automatic Sugarcane Farm!
    Build an Automatic Cactus Farm!

Stay tuned for more ranks.

#1 DinoMonkey1001, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Nick Biggs and IWouldScream like this.
  2. DinoMonkey1001

[Edit] I have now included a tutorial for the automatic cactus farm. Hope you enjoy :)

3. Gromzilla93

Gromzilla93 New Member

I personally feel that melons and pumpkins do just as well for ranking up. If efficient enough, a few minutes of waiting should be able to garner you around 20k

4. DinoMonkey1001

Oh, yes. I'll add that in. Thanks for the suggestion! :)