Simple Blaze Farm

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Bioheat1969, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Bioheat1969

Bioheat1969 Member

Even though this is a "peaceful" server, our management has given us the ability to create hostile mob farms in the end and in the Nether. I personally build mine in the End simply so I don't hit Lava. This how-to is for a simple Blaze Farm, there are more complex designs out there, but his is one of the easier designs that give you both the mob-drop, and the XP.
    I've taken my farm and built it 42 blocks down under the surface in the end, this is to prep for the New Mob in 1.13, they spawn 30 something blocks above the player, but won't spawn if there are solid blocks n the way, this will keep your mob count up, next I cover the surface of the island with water, this keeps endermen away, and will also increase your mob count, making your farm more efficient.
    Now for the build, it consists of two rooms, a front and rear. Minimum size for the front is 3x7 blocks, the minimum size for the rear room is 9 deep by 10 wide, it's in this room where the hopper timer and all of your red-stone wiring will go. between the rooms is a single block wall, the middle block is where your mob grinder will drop the blazes for you to kill:

2018-04-01_21.38.17.png

You will have a lever on the left and a button on the right, these are all of the controls you'll need, the lever opens and closes the filter to let the mobs down, always close this before pushing the button (this is the timed crusher) the timed crusher reduces the health of the blazes down to a level of a 1-2 hit kill. Both rooms I make only 2 blocks high so Endermen don't spawn.
    Next is the chute, this is 5 blocks high from the floor of the front room, to the floor of the spawner chamber. The spawner chamber is 3x3x3 chamber, in this chamber is 8 sticky pistons, 8 redstone repeaters and 8 stone pressure plates, two walls have 3 of each installed, ans\d two walls have 1 of each installed. Like this:
    2018-04-01_20.15.17.png

2018-04-01_20.16.19.png

Here's a see through view:

2018-03-14_21.59.01.png

Now it's time to add the filter and the crusher, if you're in the front room, the crusher will be on the right as you face the chute, punch a two deep hole and place a sticky piston and a solid block, do not use obsidian, as this is a non-movable block. Then one block higher, on the opposite side (the left) make a 2 deep hole and place a sticky piston and a solid block, next exit the chute and goto the rear room, it's time to make the redstone components. First place the lever and button, then in the back room, place a redstone torch on the opposite side of those two blocks. On the floor below the button block place two redstone dust and build your hopper timer like this:
    2018-04-01_22.22.10.png

Next 3 blocks to the left of the button torch, carve out a step going up to the back of the sticky piston and lay out the redstone dust seen on the floor in the foreground of the above photo like this:

2018-04-01_22.24.40.png

This essentially completes the crusher circuit, you just need to add 25 items(I use cobble) into the hoppers. Next is the filter, this is a simple on off circuit with the lever, carve out a step in the wall with a right angle turn like this photo, I cut out some of the roof just to show you how it's built, you don't need a big cut out like this:

2018-04-01_22.30.40.png
    Now that the redstone is done, go back to the front room and it's time to place the spawners, go to the chute, and jump place a block while standing in the chute, make sure you have a home set that you can type back to, take a fire resistance potion and jump place sand until you're in the spawn chamber. I usually place one spawner in each corner like this:

2018-04-01_22.40.37.png

Now you can use the /back command to go to the front room, use your shovel and dig the sand out of the chute, your farm is now ready for use, close the hole in the wall between the front and back rooms.
    Now for the best part of this how-to, actual structure files, the first file is a model made mostly of glass, this gives you a see-through model you can see everything on, the second is an actual working blaze farm you can load and work in single player mode, it's built inside a 30x30x30 stone block. Feel free to use these as models to make your own farms, enjoy, oh yeah, this design also works for skeletons, here are the addresses to download the structure files:

Blaze Farm Model: http://minestruck.site11.com/view.php?id=93

Blaze Farm: http://minestruck.site11.com/view.php?id=94

ENJOY!!

2. DinoMonkey1001

DinoMonkey1001 Active Member

By "New Mob in 1.13", if you mean the Phantom (also known as Mob B or the Monster of the Night Skies), they changed it; they no longer spawn in the end. This wouldn't be a concern anymore. Other than that, great job! I might actually make this myself :p

3. Bioheat1969

Bioheat1969 Member

Yup, that was the one I was talking about, I'm happy it won't be in the end.
    I'm glad you like it, make sure you download the structure files and look it over in single player, it's always nice to have a model to go by.

4. Momo

Momo Member

Very helpful guide. Nice!

5. Bioheat1969

Bioheat1969 Member

Thanks Momo, glad you liked it.