Open 1.18 update

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Beeeaar_, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Beeeaar_

Beeeaar_ New Member

I mentioned this to Ky already but thought I'd put it on here too, as there are no current plans for 1.18 I had an idea. What if you made a new world that people can travel to using the 1.18 update (players would play in 1.18 but can still go to the 1.16 world) this is so people don't lose their builds and farms etc. so the new world would be 1.18 generated, and they can keep all of their stuff and use the old world but the new 1.18 world would be there if someone wants to build in the new world generation. Either this or do a poll for what the players wish to get from the update. So a fresh start full reset or a few new prestiges and a new world.

LauraLea likes this.
  2. Oladipo_4

Oladipo_4 Member

this probably won’t happen for quite awhile. i’m not too sure what the plan is for carrot reset but it might be set for 1.18 but probably not. if anything it’ll be 1.17 or so. idk how much cmt+ can say so you may just have to wait and see what happens

#2 Oladipo_4, Dec 15, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  3. BUTTERFIELD8

BUTTERFIELD8 Administrator
    Administrator Developer Community Teams Rules Committee

We have no plans to update to 1.17 and we will most likely jump to 1.18.1 or 1.18.2 if that's out by the time we update. Now there are currently no plans in place for updating but we will soon be discussing our options among upper-level staff! Additionally, while some staff might be pro-reset for carrot it's all Kiri's decision.

4. Oladipo_4

Oladipo_4 Member

oooo that’ll be awesome regardless!

5. Amond

Amond Member

butter… now how will that work…