Open Add A Perm to Let Others See and Use Your Ender Chest

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sloan., Feb 17, 2023.

?

Should this be added?

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. Nope

66.7%
  3. I have a different idea that'd work better (Post a comment)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sloan.

Sloan. New Member

So Semprix and I were working on a project today, which is going to take a good bit of copper. I had the idea that what if while i was mining, id be able to drop things in my ender chest and sem would be able to get a perm that would allow him to access it as if he was me.

Thoughts? Is a feature like this even possible? Lmk

2. cammy_573

cammy_573 Staff Member
    Senior Moderator Community Teams Rules Committee

Honestly, I do like the idea of a shared space that people can use, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

I would also have major concerns about people getting perms for things and then just stealing the contents of it. I know this can be the same for chests and such, but these can be rolled back by staff, whereas the ender chest could not be recovered if anything did occur. I would just stick to making chests and putting shulkers of materials in the shared space that you are working in, makes things a lot easier.

Plus with the /homes and /back functions, it is quite easy to get back and fourth to places with little issues (unlike if we didn't have these command and had to walk through places instead).

Thank you so much for the suggestion!!

Sloan. and AshesRevamp like this.
  3. AshesRevamp

AshesRevamp Staff Member
    Moderator Community Teams

If you are married with the person, /marry home makes it very easy to have a shared storage place imo. And it only costs 15 points which is 3 days of voting. I wouldn't want to be stabbed in the back by someone who'd have access to my ec.

Sloan. likes this.
  4. Sloan.

Sloan. New Member

True, and it wouldnt necessarily be a must have to have a whole new feature, but a shared bp would still be cool, like a party backpack