Open Ban scam/junk/renamed items from /ah.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by frendito_burrito, Jul 7, 2020.

1. frendito_burrito

frendito_burrito New Member

I see people put random junk up on /ah for maximum price all the time, often in quantity. Right now there are multiple rows of individual glass bottles listed for 100k each. I don't understand why this is allowed; either players are trying to scam people into buying something worthless or they're intentionally filling /ah with spam.
    I also don't think players should be able to rename items to get around the 100k price limit by advertising. Either the limit should be removed, or players should have to keep that kind of advertising to chat.

2. Oli_The_Pug

Oli_The_Pug Member

This would be hard to do/create since the system wouldn't be able to calculate what is a "scam" etc.

3. frendito_burrito

frendito_burrito New Member

Not really. Scamming is already against the rules. All it would take is adding it to the rule list, and then allowing players to report it. Mods use /ah anyway, and can check the list when they have it open. It doesn't take long.

4. Koro

Koro Member

I understand how it can be annoying having /ah filled up but I don't see this as scamming. If you're willingly buying something on /ah thats clearly not worth it it isn't scamming. On the other hand, if someone is making you believe something is something that it clearly isn't or you're being lied to in the process, then it is. You're able to determine it is a empty glass bottle and not buy it.

Though having some sort of better moderation of /ah in general (people advertising or things for example) could potentially be a good idea in the future if further moderation is called for.