Open Clean up/ Streamline Tutorial

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Blgordon, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Blgordon

Blgordon New Member

Suggestion:
    Clean up the tutorial and streamline it, so that it’s more user friendly.
    Reasoning:
    When I came back to PF recently I wandered around the tutorial trying to figure out how to get started. I honestly thought it was most likely just me not paying much attention and being distracted. When I talked my friend Adogg into playing on PF with me we were on discord together, after about 5 minutes he says, “ Dude, how the *beep* do I get out of here?”
    Now it’s possible that both Adogg and myself overlooked a lot of stuff; however, if we both overlooked the same items then I would suspect that other people also do it. My suggestion is to clean it up and make it more streamlined so that it’s perhaps more user friendly.
    Why It Matters:
    With any server new players are the lifeblood and future of the server. When people need help building it’s much easier to hire newer players to do it, not much incentive for those who are well established and don’t need any cash. New players help bring change and improvements to the game through suggestions. New players are actually hard to acquire, if a cleaner, more streamlined tutorial would help reduce the bounce rate by even 5% then it’s well worth it.
    In Closing:
    The current tutorial is not bad, it is beautifully created and magnificent attention to detail; however, for some newer players it can be a little bit of a maze to navigate. I don’t believe I’m being to critical or over analyzing this, if I had not been on discord with Adogg he would have left. If I had not been a returning player I would have left. I hope that we can be open minded and at least consider this.