Open Head Hunt Event

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JohnJohnCinnabon, Dec 10, 2020.

1. JohnJohnCinnabon

Had a thought while doing the Christmas Present hunt at spawn, what if there was a regular, all-the-time headhunt event every hour or so? One head (or maybe multiple?) would randomly appear somewhere around spawn, and the first person to find it would get a reward, maybe 50k or so, or maybe a reaction box or a reward box of it's own. I imagine the way it would work would be something like having 30-40 preset locations, and one is picked at random for the head to spawn at. You could add a time limit similar to the fishing contest so there aren't 20 heads at spawn after nobody's looked for them for a while. This would be a fun sort of minigame, and it would motivate people to explore and enjoy the details of spawn outside of events. Plus I don't think it'd be too hard to implement, it sounds like it'd be a lot of fun, the way I imagine it working :D

TL;DR : A random timed head hunt event around spawn, the first person to find the head (or heads, if there are multiple) would receive a reward.

2. BUTTERFIELD8

BUTTERFIELD8 Administrator
    Administrator Developer Community Teams Rules Committee

This sounds fun but would be hard to make truly random I think. I liked your idea of the Thankful Turkey (Chicken) that would have spawned every hour or so and the person who kills it gets a reward!

3. JohnJohnCinnabon

What do you mean? Is it not possible to have a plugin pick from a random list of spots to spawn a head in?

4. BUTTERFIELD8

BUTTERFIELD8 Administrator
    Administrator Developer Community Teams Rules Committee

Its supper simple from picking a random spot on a list. I was talking abt having a 100% random spot in the spawn without a list.