Inactive Lighting issues over Farmland

Discussion in 'Closed bug reports' started by tonythenottiger, Aug 11, 2019.

1. tonythenottiger

tonythenottiger New Member

I'll (try to) keep this short and sweet:

If you remember the lighting bugs of old, where a block's light level wouldn't update, leaving it drastically dark because the game considered it to have a light level of 0, this is the same issue.

I've only seen it on farmland, but i'm forced to knock out a piece of roof and all of my torches to update the lighting for my indoor farm (i'm building in a snowy biome), otherwise my crops don't grow.

Here are a couple screenshots to show what I mean (the F3 screen is showing sky light of 8 because I'd already removed and replaced a roof block above):

2019-08-11_16.12.08.png 2019-08-11_16.12.18.png

the thing is, you can tell that the light levels on the dark oak slabs are fine, and visually the southern field looks like the lighting is normal, but is also reading light level 0:

2019-08-11_16.31.07.png

any help or explanation would be much appreciated!

EDIT:
    I feel I should specify that I have to deal with this pretty much every time that chunk gets reloaded, i.e., every time i teleport away and then back to my farm

#1 tonythenottiger, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  2. Chickencharm

Chickencharm Member

I have had problems in the past with light levels not updating on the server, but they haven't consistently come back. One thing to note is that if you are actually standing on the farmland, the f3 menu always registers 0 light, don't ask me why. I would try jumping and see if the light level in the f3 menu changes for a moment while you are in the air. If not, then what you are doing with breaking and replacing blocks is the only fix I know, maybe someone else can step in with a better solution.

3. tonythenottiger

tonythenottiger New Member

yeah it does change briefly and i find that some of my farmland is growing but some of it just doesn't until i manually update the lighting engine