Open New Donor Item

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by timid__, Aug 16, 2020.

1. timid__

timid__ Member

My suggestion, as simple as possible, purchasable /pv 1 space, Or purchasable additional vaults..

It seems that storage space for vaults, even with ULT, is still problematic, but if you add a new item to the store, I think it would work well

BUTTERFIELD8 likes this.
  2. Rimon_2004

Rimon_2004 Staff Member
    Moderator Community Teams

they would make stonks. i would buy max

3. ItsYvy

ItsYvy Member

I might buy

Vaidurya likes this.
  4. Canadlan_bacon

Community Teams

i would buy

Vaidurya likes this.
  5. barcode

barcode Member

No support unless there'd also be a way for non-donors to also get the item.

6. Rimon_2004

Rimon_2004 Staff Member

That’s not true. Non doe or members already have a pv. We are saying that there should be a way to increase the space or buy another pv

7. barcode

barcode Member

What timid said makes it seem like this would be a purchasable thing for anyone with a rank already. If this was an item just for non-ranked players to buy vaults that wouldn't make sense.

I'm saying no support to the idea of APR/HER/ULT to buy more vaults. For players without ranks who want more vaults, sure.

8. Rimon_2004

Rimon_2004 Staff Member

Personally I don’t think having a donor rank matters. I genuinely want more pv space. I mean the plugin supports up to like 99 pv’s so all they need to do is just give us permission.

9. Ky

Ky Owner
    Owner Ticket Management

PF sells player vaults 'lines' not entire inventories. They're exclusive to our donator rank/s; however, that isn't to say that we wouldn't change that.

The reason we haven't done this yet is due to a few reasons:
    • Unsatisfied customers.
    • Common errors with PV.
    First and foremost, PF doesn't like to see unsatisfied customers, bringing PV's to our store wouldn't exactly
    unsatisfied them but if an issue were to occur during a reset transfer or another similar instance, more and more
    people would be upset which leads to risks of charge-back or similar.

This idea isn't at all bad though, i think we just need to work around a few things before we consider this.

10. Obelisk

Obelisk New Member

I'm not sure if I necessarily understand why these are concerns. PlayerVaults initially released in 2015, the spiritual successor PlayerVaultsX released in 2017, both developed by the same person. In terms of how the data is stored, it doesn't use any overly complicated or never before seen method, it stores this player data just about the same as every other plugin that deals with something similar. So if you were choosing to carry over whatever is in those vaults, it would take a user error to lose data. Which could easily be remedied by making a copy of all the files prior to resetting, transferring, etc. There are also easy to use permission nodes that dictate how many vaults a player has access to and how many rows are in those vaults. The plugin you are using is also a premium resource, so I'm not sure exactly what common errors you've experienced with a very widely used and respected plugin. Like I said, I imagine there is quite a bit that goes into the consideration of adding things to the store, just seems like there may be far more important considerations to focus your attention on than the two vague reasons you gave.

11. Rimon_2004

Rimon_2004 Staff Member

He is concerned that when Pf resets the pv's might not get transferred. Its hard enough to transfer all the files from the current pv's to the next reset, imagine how hard it would be if we had more space

12. Obelisk

Obelisk New Member

I understand where his concerns lie. I'm not sure if you quite understand how transferring data works, it would literally be copying and pasting the plugins folder over to where it needs to be, or just leaving it exactly where it is and making no modifications to it. Adding more space, or just for the sake of argument, reducing it, has no effect on how difficult it would or wouldn't be to transfer over.

13. Rimon_2004

Rimon_2004 Staff Member

idk im dumb

Obelisk likes this.
  14. timid__

timid__ Member

To respond to "Unsatisfied Customers", how do you mean

15. Jac

Jac New Member

Im all for buying extra pvs.

in regards to resets and transfers, each pv would be a permission would it not? So why not put it in that only PV 1 will carry over to reset and all other vaults will be deleted...

16. timid__

timid__ Member

The permission is something along the lines of "playervaults.vault.2" in order to give them both /pv 1 and /pv 2. So permissions wouldn't be a grueling task, either

Obelisk likes this.