Planned Purchasable Temp Fly

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by grayson_, Jan 1, 2021.

1. grayson_

grayson_ Member

This idea is JoJo's, not mine originally.

I think you should be able to buy tempfly from the pointshop, as it would be useful for the people who can't use paypal, or even people who just don't want to donate.

Ky likes this.
  2. JohnJohnCinnabon

This would be really nice for a very underutilized point shop. Everything in the point shop is good right now, but it just needs more, to make it feel as useful as other such features, like /shop or /ah, etc. I feel an overhaul would be really nice, of course add tfly, maybe the prices could be like 5 points = 15 minutes, 15 points = 1 hour, and 60 points = 6 hours. You could add other things to this, maybe, at an expensive price of points, you could buy some simpler compressed items (10 points for a comp iron? 120 for a comp diamond maybe?) you could even add a way to get custom enchants on normal tools (50 points for telepathy, 100 points for implants, and of course don't add the ones that are super powerful, like blast or sugar rush or anything.) I'm sure theres dozens of ideas you could add on, but in general adding anything would be great for the pointshop. As it feels it's missing an importance for a lot of players, you buy the permissions from there, and after that, personally at least, I haven't used it in months.

3. SlappySalmonYT

SlappySalmonYT New Member

Tbh I feel like instead either daily give them like 30m of flight or every vote they get a certain amount of free tempfly to limit it. However,
    I believe that it would be bad to make it in the point shop for 5 points/15m as some people who haven't got permfly might have ~200 points spare like me and would have practically infinite tempfly.

4. JohnJohnCinnabon

I'd disagree, between voting and getting tfly from that crate, key drops and 6h tfly in the event crates, and buying tfly from other players (most people follow 100k per hour), 5 points for 15 minutes would actually be a quite expensive way to get fly, even the most price efficient option, 60 points for 6h, matches what most people agree to be the normal price of a 6h tfly - 600k. I do agree that this would make it so that a lot more people have access to tfly, but I both don't see that as a bad thing, and don't think it'd replace permanent fly. Permanent fly doesn't have the same inconvenience that tfly does, you don't need to make sure you have time on your meter, you don't need to keep an eye out for tfly vouchers, you can just fly, it's like a one time purchase vs a subscription, where in the subscription you have to go through the hassle of buying tfly, adding tfly to the pointshop would not remove this hassle, it'd simply add a new way to go about it - spending points. I also feel like your point that people have 200 points and upwards spare kind of helps my argument - people never spend their points because theres not much they want to spend them on (except in the odd case someone needs dozens of crafting tools, or the odd repair all to buy). So I feel like, among other things, the pointshop needs more selections and more of a reason to be used, as I haven't touched it for a very long time myself, and I hate to see such a feature go to waste.

5. Ky

Ky Owner
    Owner Ticket Management

This idea will definitely be worked on in the near future. There is current plans to revamp the point shop and intact, progression has already started. Thank you for suggesting!

Compressed items and custom enchantments will not come to the Point shop. This is simply because of it'll affect gameplay changes.