Open Sell Shards Improvement?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sloan., Feb 20, 2023.

1. Sloan.

Sloan. New Member

Hello!

I noticed shulkers full of sell shards can't be sold if full of crops. So for example, I can't sell shard a chest full of shulkers with crops in them. Would this be too much for the server to handle if added.

I also think to balance out the fact you're selling so much at once, you could make it so you lose the shulkers when you sell too. So that way, if you want to sell like that, you have to keep investing/finding shulkers.

2. AshesRevamp

AshesRevamp Staff Member
    Moderator Community Teams

Most people just have hoppers going through a huge storage system of chests and never have to bother with using shulkers so I don't really understand how does your method work?

3. Sloan.

Sloan. New Member

I just been doing shit by hand so that explains a lot lmao. But basically ive just been filling shulkers this whole time, and putting them in a chest thinking id mass sell but ya cant :p

I think this mechanic i mentioned where youd be able to sellshard chests full of crop filled shulkers would still be cool though. It'd incentivize organic farming. Bc most farms ive seen in the server are automated in some way

4. 13josh39

13josh39 New Member

I’m not sure where you are looking, but the vast majority of the economy on this server comes from organic farming via carrot, potato, netherwart farms set up to the player’s preference for farming. Organic crops already give 2x nonorganic, which is a hefty incentive to manually farm. Automatic farms such as cactus, sugar cane, bamboo, etc. are supplemental in nature due to the deceased prices of non-organic crops and no fortune being applied to them.

I would be against the usage of shell shards as you have described above for a couple reasons. The sell would not be able to make the shulkers disappear because if there are non /prices items, it would void them. The server would probably not be happy with nested selling mathematics. Finally, it would make boosters far less desired as you may only ever need 1 or 2 to get all the money you’ll ever need.

It’s a good idea, but for
    PF it would not work out. Imagine if compressed crops could be sold like so…

Sloan. and AshesRevamp like this.
  5. GodOfSandwiches

Community Teams

while this is a good idea it would not work well here. We already experience crashes on occasion from certain people doing mass sells of their storages. This would only make the issue worse as people could connect their pf hoppers to shulker loaders then have the full shulkers go into their storage system. Allowing for them to hold a much larger amount in a smaller space but also allowing for even more mass selling which could create a crash from an even lower scale of crops being sold.