Denied SrDev. ( Give Devs More Power )

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Rimon_2004, Jan 25, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Rimon_2004

Rimon_2004 Staff Member
    Moderator Community Teams

As a server owner and a server admin, I can say that Devs need power. when i found out that PF devs have no power i was like "WTF". how are they supposed to fix stuff and test stuff if they don't have access to anything. I understand that a old dev tried to OP them self, i also know that Ky proof reads the code before. There is no reason that devs can't have access to console. A server i know Hired their dev to make an auto pickup plugin and he finished it in 2 days. He tested everything out, made sure nothing was broken and he made it easy for the owner to add whatever block he wants. I think Devs deserve access to console so they can do their job easily and not have to wait for someone with higher power to get on.

2. ItsYvy

ItsYvy Member

The devs have a test server as well as the beta server to test things whenever they need/want to

3. Rimon_2004

Rimon_2004 Staff Member
    Moderator Community Teams

4. Ky

Ky Owner
    Owner Ticket Management

Firstly, suggestions for staff positions aren’t taken from normal community members unless the circumstances are different.

Secondly, staff responsibilities and granted permissions are not public knowledge and our developers are told their permissions prior to receiving their permissions and responsibilities.

thirdly, most developers do not need permissions on main servers (referring to your statement of other servers allowing developers) simply because the plugins can be transferred easily when ready.