Open Toggleable Join Messages

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JohnJohnCinnabon, Dec 10, 2020.

1. JohnJohnCinnabon

One of my personally least favorite things about the 1.13 -> 1.15 update for PF (the one that added GBM, compressed recipes, etc.) is the fact you can't regularly see join messages anymore, it was a huge bummer when I learned about that change, I enjoy welcoming back players to the server, which is a minor thing, but it means a lot to me. I wouldn't suggest downright adding this back, I'm sure there was a good reason for it's removal, maybe people were annoyed that there were too many join messages, that it was almost spammy sometimes when lots of people are getting on. However, I think a good addition would be to make join messages toggleable in /settings, just like the auto messages are toggleable, or the rankup messages are. I know I would definitely use this feature (even if I'd turn it on and just leave it on LOL). I'd love to hear opinions on this feature and if anyone else would use it, I'm sure it'd be easy to implement, considering PF already had this (not toggleable, but still) a while ago, and I'd really really like to have it back in some capacity (I am aware that the friends system has something similar, but it's a lot more of a pain to have to add everyone who ever gets on, and in many cases they wouldn't add you, or they would need an explanation on how to accept a friend request, it's a lot more of a hassle than just doing /settings and flipping a switch and not think about it again)

TL;DR : An additional option in /settings that allows you to turn on join messages similarly to previous resets.

Rimon_2004 and Ky like this.
  2. JohnJohnCinnabon

I might be wrong about which update removed this feature, but I still want to see this added! :)

3. BUTTERFIELD8

BUTTERFIELD8 Administrator
    Administrator Developer Community Teams Rules Committee

I really liked this feature and would love to see it back in some form! I think it was removed for smelling chat a bit but I think it should come back in settings for at least donors!

4. GokuTheNerd

GokuTheNerd Administrator
    Administrator Community Teams Rules Committee

If this were to be added back I'd also like a way for a player to disable their join and quit messages showing up, much like the friends system.

5. BUTTERFIELD8

BUTTERFIELD8 Administrator
    Administrator Developer Community Teams Rules Committee

We could use the same system as taunts where players can disable them from being displayed in their personal chat

6. Ky

Ky Owner
    Owner Ticket Management

I think i've got a functionality for a system of those down; however, it may not be implemented simply due to how it uses player events. If this system gets approved, please check change logs :)