Why is this rule in place

Discussion in 'General' started by Colethegreat, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Colethegreat

Colethegreat New Member

Why is foreign language banned in global chat?

2. grayson_

grayson_ Member

It's hard for the staff to moderate, as most of the staff / players speak English strictly. Nobody can truly moderate other languages easily, unless EVERY staff member (and sometimes player) knows said language.

CaitRose and ItsYvy like this.
  3. JohnJohnCinnabon

Most staff members are only fluent in english, and can't fluently understand other languages (This is not true for everyone, but is in the majority of cases true.) To my understanding, this rule was put into place because staff can't moderate what they don't understand. If someone started calling people slurs and cursing and being inappropriate in a different language there wouldn't be a good way for staff to react quickly and stop it, so in general its best to just have people keep other languages to a private chat instead. I personally try to be understanding - in the spirit of the rule, I'll usually let the really simple stuff I understand slide (hola, simple stuff like that, that I know just means "Hi"). But not all staff would do that, so to be safe it's better to just keep non-english chat in messages, local, party chat, marry chat, anything other than global.

4. Colethegreat

Colethegreat New Member

Wait wouldn't French be allowed too since this is a Canadian server?

5. JohnJohnCinnabon

upload_2021-3-25_11-8-10.png

English is the only language allowed in global

6. Colethegreat

Colethegreat New Member

7. Deevez

Deevez Member

The server only has a Canadian based connection, as well as a German based connection and UK based connection. It's not a community based in those countries. Like they said it's still a primarily English speaking community.

8. Colethegreat

Colethegreat New Member

sorry I didn't realize nanofarms were banned ill tear it down if you let me back on, please don't make me wait the 2 days

9. Deevez

Deevez Member

Your best bet is to turn that comment into a formal ban appeal on the appropriate sub category.

Artemis likes this.
  10. Colethegreat

Colethegreat New Member

11. Deevez

Deevez Member

Your comment just now about asking to be unbanned. PF has an appropriate sub-section for ban appeals as well as a format you need to follow. I advise you post that there instead of here.