Implemented Secure This Website

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Fleagii, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Fleagii

Fleagii New Member

What is SSL?
    SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral.

Why is this Important?
    It is important because most people use the same passwords for most accounts, thus the risk of having account theft or access to other accounts is big. It is also important to make sure the data being sent from one computer to the next is encrypted, should someone sniff the line they will not be able to access the information; ie your password.

While I do love your server, I would love to see a more proactive response to address this unsecured website. I know many will argue it is secure, but unless it has the lock icon or shows it being SSLed, the website is not and cannot be deemed secure by encryption standards which will cause people to be vulnerable to snoopers/hackers.

Thank you for your time.

Fleagii

Resources

Learn more about SSL
    Watch how SSL works

404selfrespect likes this.
  2. Ky

Ky Owner
    Owner Ticket Management

We'll look into it. Thank you for suggesting.

I'll respond to this post with another comment when there is an actual answer.