Accepted Add Packed Ice to /shop!

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Qther, Feb 11, 2018.

?

Should Packed Ice be added to /shop?

1. Yes

55.6%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. Maybe

11.1%
  1. Qther

Qther New Member

Although it seems like just another counterpart to Ice (along side Frosted Ice), Packed Ice is a necessity for people who build huge cacti farms or item transportation systems.
    What differentiates Packed Ice from Ice is the fact that it will never melt even when placed next to a lava block.
    This makes it useful for cacti farm builders who do not like the idea of building 50*50 roofs out of cobblestone.
    As for why I think it should be implemented, the only place you can find packed ice is in ice spikes biomes, which are incredibly hard to find.
    The price could be around 32 blocks for $10 000.
    I hope that this will be implemented in the near future. Thanks!

#1 Qther, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. Twisted

Twisted New Member

players that find the ice biomes such as myself make a small living off selling packed ice on the auction house. try asking in chat who has some to sell. it usually goes for 5k per stack.

3. Chickencharm

Chickencharm Member

That's how I always get my packed ice, which I think is better than the shop because then the economy is more between players. Also if you added it to the shop people who had ice spike biomes would lose a source of income.

Twisted likes this.
  4. Dragonbornpanda

Dragonbornpanda New Member

Packed Ice doesn't need to be added to the shop, Their are already plenty of people selling it, Either through ah or hand to hand trades.
    Just ask around, I'm sure you will find someone that wishes to sell you some.

5. DinoMonkey1001

DinoMonkey1001 Active Member

I have three ideas:
    1: Add it to /shop for an expensive price.
    Something like $50k per stack, so that if you REALLY need it, then you can buy it. If you can't be bothered to use up the cash, find the ice spikes biome or buy it in AH.
    2: Add it to later kits.
    Create a kit for Botanist+ with 2 stacks of packed ice in, so that later ranks can obtain it.
    3: Add it to /pointshop.
    3 points per stack, to encourage voting even more, plus add a way to slowly obtain packed ice.

Although, a thing to ask - why do you even NEED packed ice for cactus farms? My old farm simply used hoppers. Easy-peasy.
    It would be nice, though, to have the packed ice, since it has other uses that are actually helpful.

6. Chickencharm

Chickencharm Member

Hoppers are a lot more expensive than packed ice, so if you use packed ice to get the items all the way across your farm and only use one set of hoppers you save a lot of money. The only downside is that if an item lands on the packed ice, the water won't move it and it will get stuck there.

7. Ky

Ky Owner
    Owner Ticket Management

Exception: Non-packed ice will be added too shop, depending on the amount of people that buy the normal ice we'll consider adding packed also.

Thank you for suggesting!
    Yours sincerely, Manager b0ii.