Open Auction house

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Subway, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Subway

Subway New Member

Encourage player to player trading by increasing the auction house price cap to at least 0,1% of the server total money balance.

2. JohnJohnCinnabon

The cap was added to the auction house because players were flooding that market with items that were wildly overpriced (10 million dollar panes of glass, stuff of that nature), while it is a big block to actual relevant player to player trading, I definitely see why the cap was added.
    I actually have some ideas of my own for ways to improve the auction house.
    • Don't actually have the auction house be for sales, instead make it more of a,, 'marketing board', so I can put up 'adverts' to sell my things, for example if someone wanted to sell their diamonds they could put a post on the auction house saying 'selling diamonds, looking to get 120k per stack' or something like that.
    • 'Ads' could be used for multiple things, so you could advertise a pwarp, or that you are buying or selling things, or maybe looking for jobs to get done.
    • I think these changes would not fully nullify the auction house's current problems, but I think this could be a cool feature, you could even have ads do things once clicked, for example, in the example above the player could have it so if you clicked that 'ad' it'd send a message to the player selling and let them know someone wants to buy, or if someone was advertising a pwarp clicking that ad would automatically take the player there.
    • I know these are all just rough ideas, and maybe not worth completely re-doing auction house, but they are some cool ideas I've come up with and I wanted to share and get everyone's thoughts on them. I just really like the idea of having a way to get some publicity whenever a player wants to do a trade, or get people on their pwarp, or looking for workers or any number of things.
    I'd love to see everyone's thoughts on this, or maybe changes to the system I've proposed, or things you don't like about it! More input is always better :)