Open AuctionHouse pricecap

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 08ts, Mar 16, 2021.

1. 08ts

08ts New Member

This is up for debate of course and honestly I'm just writing down all my thoughts as I go.

So, recently people have mentioned that the /ah pricecap is too low. This was on potato. Like carrot, the /ah was filling up with "junk" blocks—they're not really, it's just that cobble or andesite is so cheap that it's better to have those in /pwarp shops. However, those selling such "junk" blocks aren't high enough rank to own a pwarp. So, that leads to a discussion about ranks and such. Perhaps people with pwarp abilities should just reach out if a person or two are selling "junk" non-stop on /ah, and set up a pwarp shop site.

On the other hand, I've often had items that I wish to sell on /ah that are only a couple grand higher than 100k. I'm not the kind of person to reach out in chat about selling stuff so then I just stick it in my pwarps for like 110-150k. (Items like wisp of freedom, 1k claimblocks, etc. Keep in mind I have no knowledge about the PF market and pricing.)

I remember from 2019 the crazy prices of 1 porkchop for 1mil, so I understand why the cap is low. That still happens now with a "totally gucci" dyed leather boots for 100k.

I just think maybe 150k or 200k would be a little better? Often I only have one or two of an item so I'd rather ship it to /ah then set up a pwarp chest for one item. Plus I don't like people being disappointed or confused that my pwarp is always changing items or out of stock.

Deevez likes this.
  2. grayson_

grayson_ Member

I honestly agree with this. I feel like the auction house isn't being used to it's max potential right now. I enjoy the idea of having the cap increase to like... honestly 1 million would make sense. It would make people want to use it more.

08ts likes this.