Open Compression Perk

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dylan McKenzie, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Dylan McKenzie

Dylan McKenzie New Member

I believe that compression should be available to players from the start, or received as a guarenteed perk for reaching a certain rank instead of a randomly available perk.
    Looking at the perk from the two following angles:

The person in question does NOT have a friend with the compression perk:
    Most if not all of the recipes obtained through ranking up becomes useless, and merely causes negativity about getting them knowing that it changes nothing, and you cannot craft the items anyway, making all of your rank up recipes essentially feel worthless until you finally get lucky enough to get the compression perk, which some people have stated to not unlock for quite some time or just get unlucky enough to not see.

The person in question DOES have a friend with the perk:
    in this case, as with the case of any other recipe perk, it becomes trivialized and the person is simply fine, getting their friend to compress whatever they need compressed to use their other recipes. They still get some good out of getting the perk themselves, as in not being reliant on others, but then this enables some people to get an edge up on the people with the perk, simply being able to mooch off of others having the perk and essentially gain a perk up on them by not selecting it and instead picking other, more useful recipes or perks.

The solution i think would be best would be to attach the compression recipe perk to a title such as Growlord or Growmaster. While it may not harm people playing with the community, i believe it is harmful in the first scenario where there is a new player who does not yet have friends on the server, wondering what that new crafting perk they just unlocked did, such as prismarine tools which sounds very intriguing to new players as it was to me when i first heard of it, only to find out that it does nothing for them until they can craft these compressed items.

I hope you will take my suggestion and thoughts into account,
    Spiritual4

GokuTheNerd likes this.