In need of structure experts

Discussion in 'General' started by Bioheat1969, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Bioheat1969

Bioheat1969 Member

So I'm in need of some Minecraft help, so I'm hoping one of you can give me some expert advice. On my single player scaffold world, I'm converting an ocean monument into a basic survival underwater base, it'll have a small garden, some livestock, trees and come with basic iron tools and armor. Building the base... no problem, saving the structure file easy, loading the structure underwater....problem, it loads filled with water despite having no water in it when saved. Void blocks do not keep the water out, in fact it promotes more water being in the building than without them, barrier blocks do work, but then I may just as well fill the building with sand. Anyone know a way of saving this building so it can be loaded underwater?

2. Chickencharm

Chickencharm Member

If you don't have a problem installing WorldEdit, and you are sure the structure is sealed (no water can get in from the outside), you can do //wand to get a worldedit wand, select the temple with it, and then do //replace water air. I can't promise this will work since I've never tried replacing water, but I'm sure worldedit has some command that will do it, you'll probably just need to play around with it for a bit.
    EDIT: Since your using structures, you're probably already using worldedit or something similar. If you're just looking for a block that will keep water out, barriers should do it. You don't need to fill the structure, just block off the exits or put walls around it.

#2 Chickencharm, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  3. Bioheat1969

Bioheat1969 Member

That would be all well and good for me, but I guess I was unclear in what I'm doing. Initially, this will be my survival base on my single player world, but I'd like to make this file available for others to use also, so unless they use world edit, this is going to be a difficult file for someone else to use as a base.
    As for the barrier blocks, they won't work as the whole building generates full of source blocks of water when I load it under water, I guess it may be possible that they propagate when each section is being loaded (it is a 4 part structure) and open to the water. I could try making walls at the seams out of planks or dirt and see if that makes a difference. And yes I do use world edit.

4. Chickencharm

Chickencharm Member

I think mcedit has a feature to keep air blocks when importing a structure, so you could just tell people to do that or you could try blocking off the exits like you said.

5. Bioheat1969

Bioheat1969 Member

Well I tested blocking the openings and that worked just fine so I can go ahead with my project. When I do make the file available I'll post both versions and do what you said about using MC-edit for that file, this way there are files available for both