Open Mob-Griefing Gamerule change on Potato

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Deevez, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Deevez

Deevez Member

So yesterday me and my associate began building the auto wheat farm that Ezorb created on Carrot using villagers. To people who don't know, my base and 9x9 farm is in the End dimension. Come to find out this farm didn't work. After around an hour of testing and consulting players, we came to the conclusion that villagers on Potato, don't harvest crops. As a result of the mob-griefing gamerule set to false.

We later found out that this gamerule is set to true on Carrot, obviously, as this farm works for Ezorb and Coast on Carrot. I'd like to try and get this gamerule changed on Potato, as simple as it may be.

Firstly it doesn't make too much sense to me why these gamerules are different on either server, let alone set to false. If it were set to true, claimed land doesn't get affected in the first place, and not to mention the only mobs that this would affect are villagers allowing them to harvest crops, foxes allowing them to harvest sweet berries, and endermen allowing them to pick up blocks (again they wouldn't be able to in claimed land). Explosions are already on what with Ghasts and Withers, and the overworld is already Peaceful.

I think it's safe to say there's almost no damage that'd be caused to changing this gamerule.