Open More Pointshop Items

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ItsYvy, Oct 5, 2020.

1. ItsYvy

ItsYvy Member

Points don't have much use besides the marriage package, and silk touch permissions (which in my opinion is a weird thing to have, but alas). I would like to see more things added to the pointshop. I think that this would not only encourage more people to vote, which has obvious benefits for the server, but would also help to decirculate a lot of the points in the economy, as to this point, and more than likely further on, they will continue to be useless. The only current use that I can see for them before the aforementioned usage, is the buying of spawn eggs, to which this role can simply be filled by a spawner, or even natural generation (for certain mobs).

I would like to request that more valuable things, such as the ability to turn points into money, which could be based on your rank (however mainly to help starting players). The ability to buy vote keys, which I recommend you read my other suggestion about those. Vote tools, tempfly, extra homes, maybe even 10-30 use sell shards and 5% boosters. Possibly even items that could cost hundreds of points such as crate keys and specials suffixes, as to provide incentive to those of us that get many more points than the average player to also vote as well.

We could also add a gambling system where players can gamble away points, much similar to the vote crates, to get certain rewards or nothing, which is what separates it from a crate. However, lets say in this theoretical gamble we take the vote crate as a baseline, with 50/50 odds to win. This means that the prizes must be better that the baseline, because you will always have a chance of winning.

Take this for example, I have 20 points, a low spin, with the lowest rewards, takes 5 points. The medium spin takes 10 points, and the high spin takes 20 points. This not only introduces fun, in the terms of educated risk, at least for me, but also can create incredibly satisfying "pay-day" moments for players that for instance win 100,000 on a high spin.

AshesRevamp likes this.