Open Reaction Boxes Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cammy_573, Apr 10, 2023.

?

Should reaction boxes change per prestige rank?

1. yes

85.7%
  2. no

14.3%
  1. cammy_573

cammy_573 Administrator
    Administrator Community Teams Rules Committee

Hey everyone,

I have seen quite a few different conversations in-game regarding reaction boxes and wanting them to be better. I 100% agree that it is about time that they were updated lol, but I just don't know what to suggest to add/change.

One of the ideas I had was to maybe change the loot inside to get better per prestige rankup 1-5? So the default to P1 would stay as it is now, but then get better once you reach P1?

I also don't know what could be added to it, any ideas?

IProbablyHateYou likes this.
  2. AshesRevamp

AshesRevamp Staff Member
    Moderator Community Teams

I feel like something that would be cool could be to increase the amount of basic stuff you get like emeralds by example. Getting other types of rewards like small boosters (+5%/+10% money or mcmmo) would be appreciated maybe? This way it's not as OP as the ones from donors but it would get people interested in reaction boxes, also small money notes like in vote crate would be nice :D

3. GodOfSandwiches

Community Teams

While I think the idea to have the loot change per prestige level is good, I do no think it could be applied well. There are a few issues it could present that would make them less desirable for some players. For example: When a reaction box is redeemed it would need to check the player's rank to determine the loot. These types of checks can use high amounts of server resources especially in large amounts which many people like to redeem several boxes at once sometimes even stacks. This could create lag spikes for the entire server which would be not good. If these lag spikes were to frequent it could deter new players from playing because who wants to play on a laggy server. It would also make the experience less enjoyable for current players who may also quit. Onto the next potential issue. Many players buy reaction boxes using chestshops. The second most likely way of determining the loot for the box would be to set the loot table on the box creation which would be a better option because 1 box is only created about every 10 minutes. This would have a much lower impact on server performance, however if this were the case it would mess up people's chestshops. Because if we were to change the loot for each prestige there would be at least 4 different reaction box types maybe 5 if one is made for prestige5. As we know chestshops are very specific with the items they buy or sell so people who buy would need to make at least 4 different shops if they were to buy them all. They may even stop buying lower prestige boxes if they are kept as the current loot because many higher level people find the current loot pretty much pointless. In order to combat this comes my next proposal. I think we should update the loot entirely but not for every prestige rank. For these loot upgrades I think we should change the current loot to resemble what we have for vote crates right now. With things like diamonds, iron, emeralds, gold, points, credits, tempfly(which could be really helpful for new players), and claimblocks. I do also really like Ashes' idea of adding boosters. Perhaps 5 or 10% personal boosts because those could be really helpful for new players. My next idea is to entice more wealthy people to get reaction boxes is to maybe increase the values of the items in the box. i.e. instead of 3 diamonds you get like 9 or something. This would make more people participate in the reaction box challenges but by keeping the loot the same people will still be encouraged to buy because even though they are lower quantities they could still be useful. Thank you for coming to my TedTalk.

4. WildSkyGalaxy

WildSkyGalaxy New Member
    Community Teams

I like Ashy's idea. Getting small mults from reaction boxes sounds really nice. I think just being able to get a random amount of points or credits would also be appreciated imo, it just adds more ways to get other 'currencies' ingame.

(also i do not we can color texts here this is cool af)

5. AshesRevamp

AshesRevamp Staff Member

Points and credits could be cool yes :D

6. AshesRevamp

AshesRevamp Staff Member

That's what I said smh

7. Saber

Saber Member
    Developer Community Teams Rules Committee

you could just make it similar to the rewards from the easter egg hunt. Those were a good mix of useful and collectible items.

also, if the reaction is going to start having useful prizes, it should be changed to a random interval between reactions rather than every 10 minutes.

8. AshesRevamp

AshesRevamp Staff Member

Maybe add some new words related to the season by example so it's not always the same and we actually have to figure the scrambled ones

9. WildSkyGalaxy

WildSkyGalaxy New Member
    Community Teams

could also add simple math questions too for more fun and we will actually have to figure out the answer instead of memorizing words >:)

10. Brick_81

Brick_81 Active Member
    Community Teams

Who says they have to be simple problems, I want to watch scramble to solve trig problems

11. AshesRevamp

AshesRevamp Staff Member

That would work too :p I just like the idea of words idk :)

12. GodOfSandwiches

Community Teams

knowing pf we are gonna get prompts like 2+2 but the answer will be 5

13. Brick_81

Brick_81 Active Member
    Community Teams

Only if we let z do the math

14. AshesRevamp

AshesRevamp Staff Member

lmao