Denied /rtpend

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Bioheat1969, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Bioheat1969

Bioheat1969 Member

We all know /rtp, most of us use this every day on the server, to find new sources for resources. One of the biggest resources in the End is End Cities and Shulkers. I was in the End just a couple days ago, and noticed most of the End Cities within a half hour flying time are plundered, and these are not renewable resources, Shulkers don't come back, the cities don't rebuild. I think having and /rtp command for the End would really be able to help in this regard by spreading us players further out in that dimension. I propose that /rtpend be instituted as that command.

Chickencharm likes this.
  2. Gromzilla93

Gromzilla93 New Member

I disagree. This would ruin the economy for Shulkers as they become more common

3. Ash

Ash New Member

I can understand why you're annoyed. I think this would be a helpful command but possibly implement a cost for every time you use the command. Other than that, great idea

4. Bioheat1969

Bioheat1969 Member

I don't think it would, as the command would work just the same as /rtp in the over world, it would still be a random teleport, and you'd still have to find an end city to hunt. Saying this would ruin the economy on Shulker Shells is like saying /rtp ruins the economy on hardened clay from Mesa Biomes because people can use it to find these biomes. It just opens up the end a bit more for everyone, and will improve the game, what would ruin the economy on shulker shells would be making shulker eggs or spawners available, which I would also support, but that's not for this thread in the forum.

5. Gromzilla93

Gromzilla93 New Member

I mean Shulkers are supposed to be quite rare, so having this command would bring the price down. As for the mesa case, it is easily accessible so long as you walk enough. Plus there are so many other biomes in the overworld, reducing its chance significantly. Rtpend, if implemented, should not put you into the void, and the number of end islands, on which some have end cities, are not a lot. This would then decrease the price of Shulkers. But if this command is implemented, I suggest it having a cost AND having a chance to put you into the void

6. Bioheat1969

Bioheat1969 Member

Now that would just be silly, it's like saying /rtp should have a chance of dropping you into the ocean or a lava pool, besides most people have fly that are hunting the end. /rtp is meant to put you in a safe spot, and so should /rtpend, as for the cost idea, ok, let's make it like silk touching spawners, a one time points purchase. I propose that it should be 12 points, this would be a fair price for it. I've played other servers in the past which have had a command like this, and it NEVER brings the price of shulker shells down, maybe in the short term right after the command goes into effect it MIGHT have an effect, but end cities are both very rare, and difficult to find, even with /rtpend, trust me I know, as I've used it before. I don't know about you, but I personally don't like paying a million plus game dollars for items, as I don't do large scale farming and don't earn butt tons of cash in the game. On average, shulker shells should cost between $4k and $8k each shell, and as always demand will drive the market, in other words there will always be people who don't hunt the end and will buy shells and boxes when they come available o the /ah, it's not like there's a mall on the server where people can put items in a store, if there were the price would be lower than those I listed, as then you'd be competing against a standing inventory, and a motivated player could keep their store fully stocked with these items and undercut his competition. (I've done that too)

7. Ash

Ash New Member

I think this is a better idea than my original idea, actually. A cost of 12 points seems reasonable, as it isn't too low but it's also not unachievable for a relatively new/low ranked player.
    Also, one thing I would absolutely not support is having it be a paid thing with real money. Please, if this is implemented, don't make it that kind of paid.

8. Bioheat1969

Bioheat1969 Member

Agreed, it should not be RW money, and I chose 12 points because it's obtainable in a reasonable way for everyone.

#8 Bioheat1969, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  9. DinoMonkey1001

DinoMonkey1001 Active Member

I personally think that IF this is added, it should be a very HIGH price, e.g. 50 points to unlock the permission.

10. Gromzilla93

Gromzilla93 New Member

Agreed, it should be an end game command

11. Bioheat1969

Bioheat1969 Member

At which point you might as well close the server to new players, you create a separation between "elite" players who can pay either real money or spend an inordinate amount of time playing and the new players who have neither money or time to get to that point, you will drive these people who are the future of the server to places, which shall remain un-named(see the rules) which so have this command. There are analogues to this server which if we go down the road you suggest will become more inviting to these other players, this server will not grow and it will stagnate. Please think of the future of the server before yourselves when making decisions about things like this. This command will not effect me either way, as I have a paid rank, and have fly, I just travel, hunt and when I'm done, set a home at the furthest point, and delete the home I last used, this ensures that I always have a furthest starting point for my hunting, I put this out there so you can see that I make this request on the behalf of the players who are not as fortunate as myself to be able to get a paid command or rank, and are being denied an aspect of the game I think would be fun and beneficial to them.

Chickencharm likes this.
  12. Gromzilla93

Gromzilla93 New Member

But I don't think they should be hunting Shulkers on their first day, are they?

13. Bioheat1969

Bioheat1969 Member

Who knows, and who are we to tell any player how they play the game?
    Maybe they want their primary base in the end. It takes all sorts of players in this game. Or maybe they want end stone for bricks to build their overworld house with, the point is you will have a hard time getting off the spawn island without either fly or a command like /rtpend
    I'm not saying it's impossible just difficult.

#13 Bioheat1969, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Chickencharm likes this.
  14. DinoMonkey1001

DinoMonkey1001 Active Member

I've had another idea. This should be added, but with a lengthy cooldown, e.g. 1 day / half a day or something like that. This would let people find a place in the end and possibly an end city or two, but it would stop them from getting stacks upon stacks of shulker shells.

15. Bioheat1969

Bioheat1969 Member

Sure, we should also have a half day cool down for everyone with /fly for each island they fly to, just to be fair. I'd have no problem with that. You see you just keep coming up with ways to make it so you have an advantage over other people, it seems to upset you when someone comes up with an idea that levels the playing field. Dino, do you hunt the end? How many stacks of shulker shell do you have, or shulker boxes?

16. Chickencharm

Chickencharm Member

Has anyone thought of just disabling /fly and /home in the end? I think that would solve the problem in a fair way.

17. Gromzilla93

Gromzilla93 New Member

Some people have Enderman grinders in the middle of the end... So yea

18. Gromzilla93

Gromzilla93 New Member

And I'm not sure how you are going to track the islands.

19. Chickencharm

Chickencharm Member

Good point. We could keep /home then, disable /fly, and add /rtpend. That way people with /fly don't have an advantage, people who have already used /fly to get a long way out don't have an advantage, and people can still have their homes at enderman farms.
    It would be pretty easy to do with a plugin, but I'm not sure we need cooldowns if everyone is on the same level.

20. Bioheat1969

Bioheat1969 Member

I agree, though to be honest, I was being very facetious when I suggested mine, i just think some of the ideas put forward against my suggestion are so self-serving and to be 100% honest, damaging to this community. I really want to make this command a way that even "newer" players or even younger players can have equal access.

Chickencharm likes this.